At The Building People LLC., we are deeply committed to playing our part in the fight against climate change. We understand the importance of transparency in this journey, and we’re eager to share our progress.
We measure and manage our greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions following the Greenhouse Gas Protocol Corporate Standard provided by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, which categorizes emissions into three scopes. In this report, we focus on our Scope 1 and 2 emissions, which include direct emissions from our operations and indirect emissions from the energy we purchase.
Scope 1 Emissions (Direct GHG Emissions)
Our direct emissions come primarily from the use of our company vehicles and the natural gas we use for heating. Our scope 1 emissions for 2022 were 4 CO2-e (metric tons) and will serve as our baseline for 2023 reduction targets.
Scope 2 Emissions (Indirect GHG Emissions)
We purchase electricity for our headquarters office operations, the generation of which results in indirect GHG emissions. To minimize these emissions, we have increased our telework operations, and continue to upgrade our headquarters facility with sensor technology that allows us to micromanage the internal building environment around occupancy levels during peak work hours. Our scope 2 emissions for 2022 are 61 CO2-e (metric tons) and is our baseline for 2023 reductions.
We are proud of our achievements but recognize that there is still work to be done. We’re currently developing strategies to further reduce our emissions and considering ways to offset our remaining emissions. We are also beginning to address our Scope 3 emissions, which come from sources not owned or directly controlled by us.
Thank you for joining us on this journey. We will continue to update this page with our progress and our ongoing commitment to sustainability.
- Discovering the Potential of Enterprise Asset Management: A Journey Towards Efficiency and GrowthMay 16, 2023
- Employee Q&A: Gracie MesaMay 16, 2023
- Press Release: The Building People Appoints Laura Fabeny as Vice President of Mission Support ServicesMay 15, 2023
- Press Release: The Building People Appoints Linda Osgood as Chief of StaffMay 8, 2023
- Where To Start: Tackling the Challenges of OMB Memo 23-15May 4, 2023
- Press Release: The Building People Appoints Marc Zoellner as Chief Growth OfficerMay 1, 2023