Why Outsource Your Facilities Management?
Outsourcing your facilities management can be a great way to save time, energy, and money. It can help you take the pressure off your staff, allowing them to focus on their core responsibilities while allowing the facilities management professionals to do the rest. Outsourcing can also provide access to the most advanced and up-to-date technology and the expertise of experienced professionals who understand the complexities of managing a facility. Additionally, outsourcing can allow you to shift your focus from day-to-day operations to more strategic initiatives. Finally, outsourcing can help you improve your bottom line, as you can save on staffing costs, energy expenses, and operational costs.
There are many things to consider for building owners and facilities managers when it comes to maintaining facilities. Beyond simply cleaning the building daily, they must address maintenance for equipment, interior, and exterior building upkeep, repairs, sanitation, air quality, energy efficiency, fire safety, entry systems, and many other small intricacies that come with a good facilities management program. With all these obligations to maintain, there are numerous benefits to outsourcing your facilities management program to qualified facilities management professionals. Here are some key benefits of outsourcing your facilities management program:
An expert facilities management team will save a building owner time and money on their facilities expenses. Facilities management companies have a variety of advantages that they can utilize that allow them to provide their services at a cost lower than an internal team, including:
- Optimizing economies of scale in purchasing cleaning, restroom, and building supplies enables you to save money on these for your facilities.
- Using fine-tuned processes that are more efficient and take less time than a full-time internal team saves building owners on labor costs while reducing mistakes.
- Scheduling and execution of preventative maintenance based on extensive expertise will extend your equipment’s life and lower maintenance costs over the long term. This eliminates many costly mistakes that may be made on maintenance by an internal team who may not possess knowledge of the various building systems that an outsourced team does.
- Expertise in optimizing your facilities to save energy by implementing sustainable and efficient processes that save on energy costs and help meet organization sustainability goals.
- Elimination of tax, insurance, and hiring costs associated with maintaining an internal staff.
Outsourcing your facilities management will not only save building owners and building managers money, but it will also save them time. By utilizing the expertise of facilities management professionals who maintain knowledge of cutting-edge technology and procedures, cleaning and maintenance work on your facility will be done quicker with fewer mistakes than most internal teams can. Time will also be saved by eliminating hiring, training, and continuing education needed to maintain an internal facilities management team.
Providing a sustainable environment that focuses on efficiency, sustainability, occupancy, comfort, and safety has become as important as ever because of the pandemic. Today’s total solutions facilities management companies provide building management and maintenance services along with building sustainability consulting and implementation. Outsourcing your facilities management services will enable your organization access to technology, innovation, and sustainability practices that they might not have had access to with an in-house team. The right expert can help you implement an entire sustainability program to help you achieve your carbon zero and healthy workplace goals.
Reduce Risk & Increased Safety
By choosing to outsource your facilities management, organizations reduce the risk they assume by having their internal employees do work that could result in injuries. This leads to lower insurance costs and greater peace of mind knowing you don’t have to manage employees doing high-risk cleaning and maintenance work. Along with reducing risk, a quality facilities management team can also assist with controlled entry, security, and fire safety systems to ensure that your facility is secure, safe, and meets all code requirements.
Focus on What You Do Best
Maintaining facilities and the built environment is a challenge every organization must address. As with many other things, organizations must consider if utilizing experts for facilities management is the correct way to go. Businesses are most effective when they focus on something they are good at, and for the great majority of organizations, outsourcing their facilities management will go a long way towards helping them ensure this focus while saving time, energy, and money. There are many things to consider and many intricacies to learn that make outsourcing your facilities management advantageous.
- The Building People Scope 1 & 2 Report on Our Commitment to Reducing Greenhouse Gas EmissionsMay 24, 2023
- Discovering the Potential of Enterprise Asset Management: A Journey Towards Efficiency and GrowthMay 16, 2023
- Employee Q&A: Gracie MesaMay 16, 2023
- Press Release: The Building People Appoints Laura Fabeny as Vice President of Mission Support ServicesMay 15, 2023
- Press Release: The Building People Appoints Linda Osgood as Chief of StaffMay 8, 2023
- Where To Start: Tackling the Challenges of OMB Memo 23-15May 4, 2023